Table of Contents
VA Form 21-526EZ Printable, Fillable in PDF – A claim for veteran’s disability compensation or other related compensation benefits under the Fully Developed Claim (FDC) Program is filed using VA Form 21-526EZ, Application for Disability Compensation and Related Compensation Benefits.
According to the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), the most recent version of the form was issued on September 1, 2019, with the current stock of earlier versions being utilized. A fillable VA Form 21-526EZ is available for digital filing and may be downloaded from the link provided below, or it can be obtained on the VA’s official website.
What is the Purpose of VA Form 21-526EZ?
The VA Application for Disability Compensation may be used to file a claim for any of the following compensation benefits:
- Connection to a disability service;
- Pre-discharge compensation claims made before discharge
- Compensation under the provisions of 38 U.S.C. 1151;
- Allowance for automobile use or adapted equipment;
- Compensation for second-tier services;
- Rating of complete incapacity for a period of time;
- Compensation in the form of a special monthly payment;
- Children of veterans who are gravely handicapped are entitled to certain benefits.
- Disability benefits should be increased.
- Individual unemployability is defined as follows: (“Adapted Housing” and “Special Home Adaptation”).
How Do I Fill Out VA Form 21-526EZ in the VA System?
The following are the instructions for completing VA Form 21-526EZ:
- To begin, pick the kind of claim program that you want to use.
- Please provide your name, Social Security Number (SSN), VA number (if applicable), date of birth, veteran service number, and gender in Section I of your application, along with your contact information (“Identification Information”). It is necessary to enter the date of release from active service or the expected date of release from active duty in this area if the form is utilized for Benefits Delivery at Discharge (BDD). If you are currently employed by the VA, please indicate your position.
- If you foresee a change of address, be sure to include it in Section II of your application (“Change of Address Information”).
- It is necessary to complete Section III (“Homeless Information”) if you are homeless or in danger of becoming homeless. Otherwise, leave the field empty.
- Section IV asks you to list all of your existing limitations as well as the treatment institutions where you have gotten therapy (“Claim Information”).
- Section V should include the branch of service and component of service, the most recent active service dates, whether you served in the reserves or national guard, and if you are currently on active duty (“Service Data”). If you have served in a conflict zone since September 11, 2001, or if you have ever been a prisoner of war, please provide that information in this area of the application.
- Give details about any military payments you receive, as well as whether you desire to receive VA compensation in place of military retirement pay or training pay, in Section VI of your application for VA compensation (“Service Pay Information”).
- Each of the following sections is self-explanatory: section VII, section VIII, section IX, section X, and section XI.