Table of Contents
VA Form 22-5495 Printable, Fillable in PDF – It is possible to request a change of program or place of training under two benefit programs: the Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program and the Post-9/11 GI Bill Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship by completing VA Form 22-5495, Dependents’ Request for Change of Program or Place of Training.
On February 1, 2020, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) made the form available for download. A fillable VA Form 22-5495 may be obtained by clicking on the link provided below. It is necessary to be a spouse or child of a veteran or active duty service member, who satisfies at least one of the following requirements, to be deemed eligible for VA educational benefits.
- They have been rendered permanently and completely disabled as a result of service-related factors;
- They are now on active service and will very certainly be released with a permanent and complete disability.
- They perished while serving their country.
- They died as a result of service-related causes.
- They are now believed to be lost in action or have been captured while on duty.
- This form is connected to the VA Form 22-5490, Dependents’ Application for VA Education Benefits, which is available on the Veterans Affairs website. By several VA educational benefits programs provide aid in covering the costs of tuition, housing, books, and supplies, it is done by veterans’ wives and dependents. It is also completed by veterans’ survivors. Education benefits may be used toward a standard degree, a non-college degree, on-the-job training, apprenticeships, and other educational opportunities, among other things.