Table of Contents
VA Form 21-534A Printable, Fillable in PDF -Veterans Affairs (VA) Form 21-534A, Application for Dependency and Indemnity Compensation by a Surviving Spouse or Child – In-Service Death Only, is a form used to determine whether surviving spouses and children of veterans who died while serving in the military are eligible to receive benefits, such as dependency and indemnity compensation, and/or death pension.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) published the most recent version of the VA Form 21-534A on June 1, 2014, rendering all earlier iterations outdated. The form is available online. The VA Form 21-534A fillable form is available for download below; however, it is no longer in use and is no longer supported by the VA. The VA Form 21-534A has been changed, and you may obtain the new form to apply for Dependency and Indemnity by clicking on the link below.
Instructions For Completing VA Form 21-534A
- Give the veteran’s complete name and social security number (SSN) in this section.
- Make a note of your entire name, social security number, and date of birth. If you are the veteran’s surviving spouse, please indicate whether or not you reside with him or her until the date of death.
- Specify the cause for the separation, as well as the date and length of the separation, if appropriate.
- Write down the complete names, dates of birth, and places of birth of the dead veteran’s children, as well as their Social Security numbers, and define their connection to you.
- Please provide your current postal address as well as phone numbers. If the address changes in the future, make a note of the new address as well as the date on which the address changed.
- Provide your bank account information if you want the VA payment sent straight into your account.
- Provide information about your accounts, such as its type, number, and the transit number of the financial institution (bank) where it is held.
- To the best of your knowledge and belief, confirm that the form includes only full and accurate information.
- Sign the document and make a note of the date.
- The Military Casualty Assistance Officer is responsible for filling out the last portion of the application. The VA will assign a CAO to you in order to assist you in completing and submitting the application form on time. At the bottom of the page, the CAO will put down the person’s complete name, rank, telephone number, and e-mail address, as well as any other pertinent information.