Table of Contents
VA Form 21-526C Printable, Fillable in PDF – Pre-Discharge Compensation Claim (VA Form 21-526C) is a form that may be used to file a pre-discharge compensation claim.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) issued the most recent version of the form on June 1, 2016, making all earlier iterations outdated. The form is available online. For your convenience, we have included a link to the most current fillable version of VA Form 21-526C, which you may access by clicking on the link below or by going to the VA website.
What Is The Purpose Of VA Form 21-526C?
VA Form 21-526C is used by military personnel on active duty to make a pre-discharge claim for VA benefits to receive payments before they are discharged. It is feasible for service members to begin collecting VA benefits as soon as they are dismissed from active duty by filing claims before they are discharged from active duty.
Do You Know How To Fill Out A VA Form 21-526C?
- Benefits Delivery at Discharge (BDD) Claims or QuickStart Claims are the two options available to you.
- First and foremost, personal information. Fill up the blanks with your name, the location of your separation, your social security number, your date of birth, your gender, your residence, your telephone number, your place of employment, and your email address in boxes 1-8b. Please fill out Boxes 9a-c with information on your immediate family, including their name and relationship to you, as well as their address and telephone number. If you have ever filed a claim with the Veterans Administration, you must provide the VA filing number in this field.
- Section II contains information on the service. If you have served under a different name, please indicate this in Box 12a. Box 12b must be completed with the recipient’s name. Inbox 13a, insert the date on which the current term of active service was first entered. Fill out Box 13b with the name of your branch of service. In Box 13c, please indicate when you expect your product to be available. If you have served in a conflict zone since September 11, 2001, check the box marked 13d.
- If you are presently serving on active duty under the authority of Title 10, please provide this information in box 14a of your application. Inbox 14b, provide the date when the account was activated. Box 15a should be filled out with the name and address of the current reserve or national guard unit. Fill in Box 15b with the telephone number of your current unit. Box 16a should be filled out if you have any new periods of active duty; Box 16b should be filled out if you have any earlier periods of active service.
- In Section III, you can find information about military retirement compensation. You should indicate that you expect to get retired pay in Box 17a and the sort of pay in Box 17b if you anticipate receiving retired pay in the future. Box 18a should include the information about whether or not you anticipate receiving separation or service pay. Fill out Boxes 18b and 18c with the quantity and kind of paper you want. Fill in the blanks in Box 19 if you do not want to receive VA compensation in place of military retirement pay.
- Section IV contains information about direct deposit. Fill in the blanks with the account number. Box 21 should be filled out with the name of a financial institution. Box 22 should be filled up with the route or transit number.
- Section V. Certifications and the signing of the document Sign your name in Box 23a and date your signature in Box 23b.
- Section VI. Witnesses’ signatures on the document Fill out Boxes 24a and 25a with the witness’s signature and date in Boxes 24b and 25b.