Table of Contents
VA Form 10-10CG Printable, Fillable in PDF – Applicants for the Department of Veterans Affairs’ PCAFC (Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers) must complete VA Form 10-10CG, Application for Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers Program, which is available online (VA). To determine whether or not an applicant qualifies to participate in the PCAFC, the VA considers the information given on this form.
It was on January 1, 2020, that the VA issued the most recent version of the form. For your convenience, an up-to-date VA Form 10-10CG fillable form is available for digital filing and download at the link provided above.
Three components make up the VA Form 10-10CG in total: a cover letter, an application for benefits, and an explanation of benefits.
- It is necessary to fill out Section I with basic information about the veteran (or service member). Included in the needed data is their personal identifying information, as well as the name of the VA clinic where they are receiving or expect to get health-care services in the future, and the last location where they had treatment for their ailment.
- Listed under Section II are the veteran’s main family caregiver’s contact and other details.
- Those who provide supplemental family carers for veterans are covered by Section III. Participation in the program by secondary family caregivers is entirely voluntary.
Assistance To Family Caregivers Through A Comprehensive Program
Using the VA PCAFC, a veteran may designate a single Primary Family Caregiver as well as up to two Secondary Family Caregivers for the duration of their service. The following conditions must be met by veterans to be eligible for PCAFC benefits:
- In the course of duty on or after September 11, 2001, they have suffered a significant physical or psychological trauma that necessitated their hospitalization.
- To do fundamental everyday chores, they need continual support.
- Because of their challenges with planning, focus, and memory, they must be monitored at all times
- They need constant caregiver assistance for at least six months before being discharged.
- To the greatest degree possible, participation in the program must contribute to the veteran’s recovery progression. Ultimately, the PCAFC’s long-term aim is the complete rehabilitation of the veteran, which will result in his or her being released from the program. It is necessary to re-evaluate eligibility for PCAFC every year.
Documentation About VA Form 10-10CG
The VA’s application for the Program of Comprehensive Assistance for Family Caregivers consists of seven connected forms. These are:
- An official document containing the results of the veteran’s medical examination, VA Form 10-10M (Medical Certificate), is issued by the VA. Both the doctor and the veteran must complete and sign the form.
- To update personal, insurance-related, or financial information after enrolling in the VA benefits program, veterans must complete and submit the VA Form 10-10EZR (Health Benefits Update Form) to the Department of Veteran Affairs.
- An application for the State Veterans Home Program is submitted using VA Form 10-10SH (State Home Program Application For Veteran Care Medical Certification). Those who participate in the program get high-quality nursing home, domiciliary, and adult day health care services; and
- Veterans who need assisted living or residential health care need to complete VA Form 10-10EC (Application for Extended Care Services). In addition to nursing and medical care available around the clock, physical therapy, assistance with daily duties, and pain management are all available via the Veterans Administration.
- Veterans who have a lower gross household income may utilize the VA Form 10-10HS (Request for Hardship Determination) to determine if they are eligible for a copayment exemption for the remainder of the calendar year by submitting a request for hardship determination.
- Veterans who want to apply for VA Health Benefits should utilize the VA Form 10-10EZ (Application for Health Benefits) or the VA Form 10-10EZ (Solicitud de Beneficios Médicos) (in Spanish).