Table of Contents
VA Form 22-1990E Printable, Fillable in PDF – Service members’ dependents (spouses and children) must submit VA Form 22-1990E, Application for Family Member to Use Transferred Benefits, to apply for the transfer of entitlement to educational benefits based on the service member’s military service. For a service member to transfer unused educational support to family members, the service member must have completed at least six years of service and committed to serving for a further four years for their spouse or kid to be eligible for benefits.
Instructions For Completing VA Form 22-1990E
To complete the VA Form 22-1990E, follow the instructions outlined below:
- Indicate your full name, social security number, gender, and date of birth in the body of the message.
- Fill up the blanks with your postal address, phone number, and e-mail address.
- To receive benefit payments, you must provide your direct deposit information, which includes your routing or transit number, account type, and account number.
- Make a clear statement about your connection with the military member. If you have obtained a high school diploma or an equivalency certificate, check the box and provide the date of issue in the text box.
- Choose the sort of benefit that will be transferred to you from the other party. The following advantages may be transferred as a result of these programs:
- Montgomery GI Bill Educational Assistance Program (MGIB) – Title 38, United States Code, Chapter 30; Montgomery GI Bill Educational Assistance Program
- The MGIB-Selected Reserve Educational Assistance Program is governed by Chapter 1606 of Title 10, United States Code.
- The Reserve Educational Assistance Program is governed by Title 10, United States Code, Chapter 1607.
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill is included in Chapter 33 of Title 38 of the United States Code.
- Specify the sort of training or education you received – college or another institution, reimbursement for certification or licensing tests, apprenticeship, or other. Provide the name and location of the institution, as well as a brief description of your educational or professional goals.
- If you have any flying certificates issued by the Federal Aviation Administration, please list them in the area given.
- Describe your educational path after high school graduation. Include the name and location of the education provider, the dates of your education or training, the degree or certificate you got, and the principal subject of study you pursued in your education or training. If you had a journeyman rating or a license to practice a profession, provide information about your employment, including your primary vocation, license, or rating, and the number of months you were working in that position.
- Please choose “yes” if you have received or expect to receive any money from the Armed Forces or government agencies during the period covered by your application for education benefits.
- Name, social security number, the branch of service, and mailing address should be included for each service member.
- Before signing and dating the application, double-check that all of the information on the form is accurate and truthful.
- After receiving permission from the service member’s military branch to seek a transfer of benefits, mail the completed form to the VA processing office for the area where the school’s address is located.